Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ship Life Begins





So I arrived on the ship yesterday after 2 weeks in a village. We built latrines which were much needed because they were replacing the maggot hole. Yes that's right the maggot hole. I have no picture of said maggot hole because it was a little too disgusting for that I don't want anyone fainting while reading my blog. We led a week long VBS and that was a really big success it is exciting to hit the ground running. It was very emotional saying goodbye to the people on Yams farm they gave us dresses and shirts and just gave us word of affirmation that make me know I am here and doing the right thing. I love the people there and especially pastor Marks heart, these are Africans that know it takes hard work and dedication to change there environment. I think that the hard work they put in to assisting in building the latrines is amazing. God is good and I am excited to start on the ship serving Him with my talents and gifts. I got the key to my salon today so that is exciting. And I am in a 4 berth cabin which is good. I have Kelly and two other girls that I am sure will be wonderful once I get to know them. Anyways I am kind of not focused becasue there is so much new that I have to process.Exciting times are ahead I know this for sure.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful beginning for the ministry you are providing. Your excitement is easy to feel - it practically leaps off the page!

    Looking forward to following you on your journey and praying for you and your team along the way.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete