Friday, July 1, 2011

Only 1 week left






So my time here in Texas is coming to an end. I only have one more week of training then I fly out for Sierra Leone on July 13th. I have learned so much in my time here, like how to fight a fire and survive a sinking ship. Also I have learned about interpersonal and personal relationships, laid some solid foundations of faith, and how to resolve conflict. I have welcomed a whole new lifestyle and left behind another. I have had to say goodbye to my parents, friends, my sister and brother in law, as well as other family. But in return I have gained a whole new family.

One thing God has taught me is you cannot do what God wants you to 'do' until you become what God wants you to 'be'. I am in the learning process and probably always will be. I am discovering more and more who God want me to be and I can't wait to see what He will have me do for His kingdom purpose. I am on a never ending journey with the one I love, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Jesus is my best friend and I am falling more in love with Him in this process.

I am preparing along with my team for our field service, I am so excited to be going back to Africa. Our vbs plans are coming along and so is figuring out all of the worship. It is really exciting to be using the gifting's God has given me. I have also been cutting through most of the teams hair, I have not touched every head but its getting there.

I will also let you know that this may be my last post in a bit I will try to get one more in before I leave for Africa but there is lost left to do so no promises. If I don't get one in then my next one will be once I am on the ship because there will be no internet or very limited on our field service. I will get word home to my parents that I am there and have them post it on my facebook page. I thank all of you so much for your continued support financially, emotionally, and spiritually. It means so much to me to know I have a team of people rooting me on.

A few prayer point heading into the field service would be:
1. Health and safety of the whole team.
2. Adjustment to a new culture, we will be working in a muslim community at a Christian school and church.
3. An open mind, and flexible attitude to deal with the things that might go wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Great update! We are so proud of you, and the journey you are on. Nothing does a parent's heart more good than knowing that their children are following God. You have met some wonderful people already Jillian, and I know they will be like family to you. I will pray that each good-bye that has to happen over the 2 years will not take too much of a tole on your loving, compassionate heart. You are an amazing daughter! Love and prayers, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are being well equiped for this next season which awaits you! Thank you for sharing what God is teaching you - it really spoke to me, and I'm sure you will touch many by the example of your relationship with Him. Be richly blessed friend! xxx

    ReplyDelete