Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Journey Continues






So I have been on the ship now for 3.5 weeks Friday will be 4 weeks and so far so good. I am settling into a routine and I love my job. I have made some great new friends and am really excited to see what God has in store. I will post a few pictures of my life here on the ship. I will post one of my room and one of the salon. It is a blessing to be in such a unique atmosphere I feel totally and completely blessed. I have this week gotten to move down to the bottom bunk which is a blessing. My bunk-mate switched cabins so now I get the bottom bunk :).

This past Sunday I went to a local church and let me tell you I will never complain again about not wanting to go to church because I am too tired. We had quite a journey to get there. So first we walked about 5 min to the junction of savage road where we caught and arcota which is a local motor bike and the cheapest and fastest way to get around. We then took about a 3o min ride to get to the base of a really large hill. We then proceeded up this hill over a river and 20 min later arrived at the church on the very top of this hill. I don't have any pictures because it is not really safe to carry them around, but let me tell you the journey was long and strenuous. After church we went over to the pastor and his wife's home for lunch and they served us amazing food, spicy but amazing none the less. There house was about 10 min from the church. The most amazing part of it all was that this lady Esther is one of out day workers on the ship, that means Monday through Friday she makes that journey just to come to work and on wednesday and Friday climbs back to the top of the hill to go to evening prayer services. If that's not dedication I don't know what is. Everyday at home we find something to complain about but we do nothing to change our circumstances, and yet here everyday these people could complain but they don't they overcome obstacles and just keep on going. It is a beautiful thing to see. I have everything and more I need on the ship, and if I don't get off ship it does not even feel like I am in Africa. We are so blessed and we don't even see what is in front of our own eyes. My challenge to you is to open your eyes and look around. See the beauty, see the struggles, see the obstacles and overcome them with a positive attitude. I promise you that you will feel so much better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment