Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Change A Life





Hey so I know it has been a really long time since I have posted and for that I am sorry. It is not something that comes easy to me but I also know it is important. So I am going to try and fill you in on a few of the things that have been going on in the last month or so. I gave blood for the first time in my life, at first I was freaked out because I thought I would be able to feel my blood flowing out of me. However I soon found out this was not the case. It is such a unique experience as well because we do not have a blood bank on board so we are on a list and when they need blood in a surgery they call you down. Now this is interesting in several ways, way number one is that you know that all the blood they take is needed and will be used immediately. Way number two for me as a hairstylist is that I could get called down at any time, I happened to be in the middle of a haircut when I got called. And way number three is that you have the opportunity to meet who you have blood to. I so wanted to take up this offer but never had the chance, but I did get the 10 yr old boys name. His name is Karamouko Djanea and he had a maxillary tumor. The surgery was a huge success and he has now left to go back home to Guinea.

I have also had opportunity to get off the ship and see some amazing beaches. I feel so blessed to be in such a beautiful place. But as much as I love being here and seeing all that this country and its people have to offer I at times miss home. I don't miss the weather or even necessarily the surroundings, like the mountains. But I miss the people, I miss being able to share these wonderful experiences with the people I love and am closest with. I also miss being there for the exciting moments like my friends weddings. It is a weird feeling because I know that non of you will ever be able to fully understand what I am experiencing here even if I was a great writer, and I also know that I will never be able to understand all that I have missed.

This week leads into another ship holiday, and I will be spending the weekend giving back and rejuvenating. Friday I will be going to a vocational center to minister to sexually abused women, and just to love on them and show the love of Jesus. Then on Saturday I will be going to the beach to recharge for the week to come, and Sunday I will probably go to another local church. I will hopefully be writing another post sooner then the last but until next time pray for the love of Jesus to flow in and through me to those that I am around and with.

I love you guys so much
Jillian

2 comments:

  1. love you Jill!!!!!!
    Miss you lots lots <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you. I got your postcard!!!! Had to peel off about 5 stamps just to read it. I was going to reply via e-mail but the message got sent back, did you change your e-mail adress? Let me know,

    xoxo

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete